måndag 14 mars 2016

Delayed New Years resolutions

never posted anything about my New Years resolutions for the year, and even though it's already 3 months in... I figured why the heck not post them now? It's a good reminder to keep striving for the goals you've set, cause as I was reading through them I definitely got convicted since I realised I haven't fully been living them out...at all. But hey, better late than never, still got 9 months to go!

1. Fearless. 
Fearless is my word for the year. I have suffered with phobias and anxiety attacks in my life, and although I've grown out of the worst part of that(thank The Lord) I still have it occasionally. I do wanna focus on being more Fearless this year, and that is a big part of it, But I also do believe my main Fear in life is the opinions of others. I am a major people-pleaser and I love being there for people, but I often get stuck just trying to become what everyone wants me to be, and if I can't achieve it I get envious-ish & stuck in the comparison game. 
But I honestly don't care what others think of me anymore, and I refuse to continue to live a life of being too scared to be myself in every situation. So what if strangers tell me to get a spray tan because my legs are so white they're blinding people, if I feel like wearing shorts, I will anyways. So what if people think I'm too quiet, if I don't have anything important to say, why should I make something unimportant up when they'll forget it five minutes later anyways? So what if people think my sense of humour is ridiculous, I'm having fun and they're not. In any small things like that I want to be more fearless. It's my life and nobody else's, so why live it in fear of their opinions? I'm choosing to not care anymore. It's definitely a working progress for me to have that mindset to a 100%, but it is my goal to be able to maybe at least have it to a 90% by the end of the year. 

2. Love myself more.
The classic thing is to put resolutions on how to improve, and when I was about to do that, I realised I always give myself such a hard time. I learned a lot about self acceptance in 2015, but not enough, so I decided on being intentional with changing the way I think and talk about myself. I love the quote "To change your life you need to change the way you think!". Way easier said than done, but something worth striving for.
"Grow where you are planted. If that means you'll stick out then so be it, uniqueness is beautiful."

3. Taking better care of myself. 
Physically & emotionally. 
Putting up more boundaries & prioritise alone-time. Spend more time doing the things I enjoy. Treat myself. Go on more walks. Work out. Get my sleeping schedule together.(!) Eat healthier. Drink more water. Smile more. Take better care of my nails & my skin. 
In other words; "Be the best version of You". Felt like this quote just summed up what I was trying to say. 

4. Blog consistently.
I feel like this one I've actually succeeded on quite a lot better compared to last year, just gotta keep it up! I would like to post more frequently though, and I also gotta bring my camera more often so I won't only have iPhone quality photos. 

5. Make a few YouTube videos. 
As for this one it goes hand in hand with the first one ~ gotta be more Fearless, and not be afraid of what people will think.
I've been wanting to do this for years, but been to scared to, and now I am making it internet official that I will actually give it a shot this year. 
( In case you're curious; Dress ~ Forever21, Necklace ~ Forever21, Flannel ~ BikBok ) 

6. Be more Relaxed. 
I am very much a control freak & a plan freak, and this year I want to try to be more Relaxed. 
If you are not a planner then bare with me, because this is probably going to sound like I'm crazy to you ~ but I want to be more structured so that I can find more time to relax & rest. So that I'll intentionally make myself to relax. 
I also want to be more relaxed in areas that I can't control. Like when plans fail, or when my roommate lets her dirty dishes stand out for days, or when someone is chewing loudly ~ any silly little things like that, I do not want it to bother me. Because at the end of the day, why does it even matter? I just really want to learn to try to live in the moment this year. 

7. Be more Creative.
I love being creative & I love learning new stuff, but I often get so busy that "I get lazy" with it. But I want to really be intentional with being creative this year. 
Experiment more. Explore more. Write more. Create more. Read more. Photograph more. Learn more. Risk more! 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar